Wednesday 25 February 2015

MSFT went up 100X in 10 yrs. PCYC from 0.58 on Mar 09 to 230 today for record breaking 396X in 6 yrs

One fine day I will introduce to fellow malaysians to the most exciting n best biz in the world, the BIOPHARMA space in the USA. 

Microsoft Inc, MSFT set record for flying up 100 folds in 10 years. 
PCYC, the leukemia n blood cancer drug co. is still flying from 0.58 on Mar 09 to 230 today for a record breaking 396 folds in 6 years. 

Isn't this truly exciting ? yes or YES 

5 years ago, I started researching North America stocks. 
I used my so-called malaysian proprietary chart strategy to scan through the more than 10,000 plc cos. in the US. 
The prospecting process is pretty simple. Through filtering n scanning for the strongest stocks, I chance upon n bought the very 1st plc co in US called Pharmasset, VRUS. 
VRUS was listed on Nasdaq. It was just a mere lab with about 35 staffs in total. It had no co. income n burning money everyday to sustain the operation. 
I bought it at 61. Feeling naive n fearful, I went around telling n asking people about my new found great idea. Days later, everybody told me that I am so crazy to buy VRUS. Their reasons being, VRUS is a big losing concern every year for the last 15-20 years. There was basically no P&L and no Cash flow statements to analyze or look at. No FA to do. Worse still at 61, VRUS's mkt cap was edi at USD$3 billion. 
US mkt is famous for high volatility. VRUS price was swinging in big gaps. It was so scary, I decided to sell it for a small profit. Within few months it shot up to 120 n splitted into 2 n back at around 60 again. Then all of the sudden, VRUS was taken private by the HIV drug co, GILD at 120, valuing VRUS at USD$ 12 billion. 
Only IF I dare to hold it, I could have easily pocketed 4 folds in a matter of few months. 

In late Jan 2012 GILD took over VRUS, thus helping GILD to rise from 25 to 105 today for a gigantic additional increase of USD$120 billion to GILD's current mkt cap. 
That means VRUS is worth $120 billion for a chemical compound built by a small lab with 35 staffs. 
Simply UNBELIEVABLE but true ! 

What is so good about VRUS drug ? This HepC drug cures 90-100% of hepatitis C patients. 
Fully approved by FDA in Dec 2013, GILD immediately sold close to $12 billion sales in its 1st year in the mkt in 2014. 1 pill the size of a regular panadol is priced at usd$1,000 each to be taken once daily for 12 weeks.
So buying VRUS at $12 billion is the smartest M&A deal ever cut n done by a CEO. No wonder GILD's CEO is voted the BEST CEO OF THE YEAR in USA this year. 

I had since fall of 2013 gotten back full time into this biz. I am enjoying the fun n doing well in Biopharma space. I focus on co. with the latest best drugs for the unmet medical mkt serving the diseases of the major organ of human life. Am working hard with high hopes of striking the next PCYC or VRUS, plc cos with potential multi billion $ blockbuster drug designation. 

https://www.google.com/finance?q=pcyc&ed=us&ei=2ibuVOnsCMPsrgGupoHgAw 

https://www.google.com/finance?q=gild&ed=us&ei=5CbuVIH5K5CeqQHP6ICYBA




No comments:

Post a Comment